home index about us resources faqs tools contact links Hot Off The Press
EasyMortgage.caAssured Mortgage Services
purchasers credit rating investors mortgages renewals pre-approval debt consolidation
secure online application
testimonials corner
realtor's area
ask the expert

Privacy Policy

Legal Notice

Frequently Asked Questions

Photo of Frequently Asked Questions

Q Can I buy a house with NO MONEY DOWN?
A Yes, we call it a 95/5. We arrange the 95% loan-to-value mortgage, an then we work with you to figure out where the remaining 5% will come from.
The 5% can come from credit cards, lines of credit, bank loan etc. The other option is to do a cash back mortgage. This is where we inflate the interest rate to give the client cash. The higher the rate, the more cash.

Q What documents should I gather when applying for a mortgage?
A For salaried or hourly individuals, employment letters, recent pay stubs and/or T-4 slips are fine. For self employed individuals, three years Notice of Assesments along with your most recent T-1G's. Either way the bank will require proof that you have access to the down payment by way of photo copies of Investment statements or Bank accounts showing a 3 months history.

Q What other costs should I/we expect to pay on the day of closing?
A There is not an exact number that we can give you. You will have your lawyers fees plus disbursements, land transfer taxes, and sometimes Property Tax adjustments. If you are buying new construction you will also have various hook up fees and levies. We recommend that you take the purchase price of your home and set aside 1.5% - 2.0% of the purchase price as an estimate for your closing costs. Your lawyer can give you more specific details.

Q How does the amortization effect my mortgage?
A The amortization of your mortgage can have a huge effect on the amount of interest you will repay. A $150,000 mortgage with a 25yr. amortization will have a monthly payment of $977.61 With a 20yr. amortization the payment will increase to only $1,085.18 The potential savings in interest will now be $63,669.38!

Q When should I get Pre-Approved?
A The fact that you are at this site suggests you that are serious about purchasing a home so lets get you Pre-Approved. However, there are two steps to a Pre-Approval. The first step is to determine the amount you can be pre-approved for as there will be nothing worse then putting an offer in on your dream home without getting pre-approved first and it is $100,000 more than you qualify for. The second step in the Pre-approval process is to guarantee a rate ahead of time. This way it ensures that you receive the lowest rate between the time of the Pre-Approval and your closing date.

Q Which mortgage lenders does Assured Mortgage Service act as agents for?
A Many clients assume that we have some magic lender or source for our mortgage funds to provide these discounted rates. It is true that we do have some lenders who are not accessible to you, however people are often shocked when we tell them that their own bank may be one of the lenders that we act as agents for. A few of the lenders are TD Canada Trust, Bank of Nova Scotia, First Nationa, Street Capital, MCAP, RMG, plus many, many others.

Q What is your profit margin if you are able to offer rates that are l.25% lower than the Banks vs obtaining a rate that is 0.75% below the Banks posted rate?
A Mtg. Brokers don't get paid this way. For Bank qualified deals we are paid a referral fee from the institution we place the deal with. This referral fee is relatively standard through out the industry (no matter what Bank or lender we deal with) It is not dependent on the discount offered to the client. For instance, today the very best fixed 5yr mtg is 3.39% and I will get the same referral fee for recommending this mortgage vs. choosing another lender who offers 3.59% for a 5yr fixed rate. 'Other than the obvious rate difference' the other lender offering the higher rate might have looser lending guidelines compared to the lender offering the 'deep discount'. Our job is to work with the client to get them the best mortgage that meets their needs.
Bank Prime 3.95
1 yr fixed 3.99
2 yr fixed 3.34
3 yr fixed 3.34
4 yr fixed 3.24
5 yr fixed*Special* 2.39
7yr fixed 4.24
10yr Fixed 4.39
Variable Prime*** Conditions Apply 2.95
**Special - conditions apply
Effective August 29th 2019
Website designed by: